Welcome to our 6 Week Wellbeing Challenge for mums-to-be, new mums, and beyond… from all around the globe.
Whether you’re training with us at our HQ in Bondi, or you’re partaking from the comfort of your own home…. We are all here to work together, to strive for more, feel better, look better, and most importantly to create healthy habits that will influence how our little bubs develop and choose to live their lives. In the end, monkey see monkey do, and healthy habits, happiness, longevity… it all starts with us.
Please use our Facebook support group page @fitmammatribe to ask any questions you have in relation to workouts and nutrition… but most of all use it in your time of need, when the temptation to throw in the towel creeps up on you – because that is what this page is all about – supporting one another through the good times and the bad.
What’s the plan??
1. I will post 3 workouts per week. They will require zero equipment so that everyone is able to participate. It is suggested that you do all of the workouts to get the most out of this program, and feel your absolute best. If you require an alternative, reach out in the comments section of the posted workout.
2. Our resident nutritionist and mamma, Pip Reed, has provided a nutritional do’s and don’ts fact sheet for everything you need to know regarding healthy eating. Find this at the bottom of the page and if you wish to download or save to your phone right click and save image.
3. Commit yourself to the full 6 weeks and witness first hand the numerous positive effects you will feel and see from this program. I promise wholeheartedly that you will be a better version of yourself by seeing this through.
What do you need you need to do right now?
1. Set yourself a realistic and achievable goal that is measurable. E.G. fit into that dress I wore after my wedding at the end of this 6 weeks….. to commit to exercising 3 x per week for 6 weeks…. Lose 6kg in 6 weeks…. Etc.
2. Take a before photo (front and side profile) in something tight (active wear), bikini, whatever will show your outline. Use Pips measurements sheet, and complete measurements and take weight weekly (again find this at the bottom. right click to save, and then print out). Take final photos at the end.
3. Download a timer app called ‘Timer’ by ‘PushPress.’ You will be using this for many of your workouts.
4. Read Pips nutrition guideline and familiarise yourself with what you need to do.
5. If, like most mums, you are time poor, plan your shopping for the week, and spend a few hours cooking in bulk, so that you’re prepared for the week – it helps immensely when you’re time poor – and no ones as time poor as a mamma.
6. Throw out all the junk at home.. Get rid of the alcohol. Replace it with fresh, clean options… Simply not having the temptation in the house will help immensely.
7. Introduce yourself to the group @fitmammatribe and tell us what your goal is over this 6 week program – HONESTLY THIS IS GOING TO HAVE THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOUR SUCCESS… HANDS DOWN. By holding yourself accountable to other mamma’s out there, your likelihood of seeing through the program in its entirety SKYROCKETS!
If you're looking for a quick/ convenient, highly nutritious/healthy snack (or the odd meal replacement if you are not pregnant or breastfeeding), that will aid with weight loss, then head on over to our friends at 180 nutrition. They have been kind enough to provide you with 10% off all orders - just type fitmamma into coupon section at checkout. Buy in bulk and each snack/meal replacement costs less than $2. I chose these guys as their products have no chemicals, non-processed, all natural, gluten free, vegan options, safe and healthy for your kids, even my little Luna has the occasional sip of daddy's shake. I opt for the grass fed protein powder here which has Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Flaxseed, Almonds, Sunflower Kernels, Shredded Coconut, Coconut Flour, Cocoa (Chocolate flavour only), Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Psyllium Husks, Stevia. If you’re more into your vegan option then click here. It contains Pea Protein Isolate, Flaxseed, Almonds, Sunflower Kernels, Shredded Coconut, Coconut Flour, Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Psyllium Husks, Stevia. Just remember to use code fitmamma for the 10% discount. This is the cleanest stuff ive tried and its amazing.
On Monday we begin this program together. There are over 30 mamma’s taking part and I wish you all the best. Ill be joining in myself.
Stay happy. Stay healthy.
Founder & Father